Nivedita is an Australian-certified psychotherapist, UK-trained hypnotherapist, mindfulness and meditation facilitator, and registered clinical supervisor. She consults with clients in person, as well as virtually globally, and treats both adults and adolescents of international cultures.
Nivedita has worked with premium medical clinics such as OT&P MindWorx. Currently, she is a consultant psychotherapist with The London Medical Clinic. She is also the founder of Inner Compass Psychotherapy which is her private practice.
Nivedita is trained in Western Clinical Psychotherapies that are scientific and evidence-based such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamics, Brainspotting (BSP), and Hypnosis.
In addition, she is qualified in the Eastern Contemplative Psychotherapies, which include mindfulness, meditation, yogic breathing practices, and Buddhist psychology.
She specialises in treating trauma, anxiety, insomnia, and depression arising from painful life events such as abuse, betrayal, relationship breakups, critical illnesses, and loss.
Additionally, she treats individuals with issues such as relationship conflicts, OCD, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, grief, flashbacks, and confidence issues.
Nivedita is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and regularly conducts clinical supervision for other mental health providers and trainees. She also conducts training seminars and workshops in multinational corporations.
Academic and Professional Credentials:
- Doctoral Candidate (Clinical Psychology)
- Ms. Soc. CBT (Australia)
- EMDR (India)
- Mindfulness Meditation (USA)
- Clinical Hypnosis D.C.H. (UK)
- Psychodynamics, (Singapore)
- Registered Clinical Supervisor, APCPA, Hong Kong
- Associate Fellow, Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Australian Counselling Association
- Member, British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Member, Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors, Singapore
- Member, EMDR Association India
- Fellow, Golden Key Circle, Australia
Gladys is a Psychology graduate and aspiring Clinical Psychologist currently based in London.
Gladys has experience of working with a variety of people in roles such as Senior Healthcare Assistant at an addiction service, Crisis Hotline Volunteer and Research Assistant at a children’s hospital. As a Senior Healthcare Assistant at an addiction recovery service that specialises in drug, alcohol, sex and love addiction, she often works with patients struggling with depression and anxiety. In supporting them, her responsibilities include conducting group mindfulness sessions, life skills workshops, encouraging coping strategies and emotional regulation techniques to help patients improve their self-awareness and resilience, as well as manage their symptoms of addiction.
She will soon start her training to become a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, specialising in delivering low-intensity CBT to patients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression at the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
- BSc Psychology (UK)
- PG Cert Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interventions Candidate (UK)
- Member, British Psychological Society
Lyn is a yoga practitioner, facilitator, and teacher who is also trained in Ayurveda, Reiki Healing, Kundalini Yoga, and Massage Therapies.
After pursuing a career in luxury events and brand communication, Lyn decided to take some time off to travel the holy nooks and corners of India in search of a more holistic approach towards living a conscious life. Her journey proved fruitful as she found what she was looking for on the path of yoga. And since then, it’s her aspiration to spread these ancient tools and technologies of physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing in the world by sharing her deep knowledge and understanding on the subject.
Lyn’s approach is to guide her students towards realizing the true potential of their body and spirit to rejuvenate and revive itself with the help of breathwork and movement. The focus is to help them achieve a certain level of balance and inner harmony within themselves by offering the right kind of guidance and adaptive support as per their individual needs and strengths.
She understands that no two people are the same, so her dynamic approach is to mix therapeutic movements, yoga postures, emotional support, and breathwork together in the right proportions to offer the most fitting solution.
Lyn collaborates with Nivedita Ramanujam to provide Inner Compass Psychotherapy’s clients trauma sensitive yoga therapy.
- Certified in Balinese Massage Therapy from Jamu Spa School, Bali, Indonesia.
- Certified in DDS Bio Electric Massage Therapy from Hua Lin DDS Training Centre, China.
- Diploma in 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training (Affiliated to Yoga Alliance USA) from Association for Yoga and Meditation (Rishikesh, India).
- Trained in Ayurveda Therapy and Panchakarma Techniques (35 hours course) from A.Y.M. Ayurveda Spa and Panchakarma Centre.
- Trained in Level 1 Sound Healing Training from Healing Meditation Centre, Rishikesh.
- Level 1 and Level 2 Reiki Healing from Healing Hands Reiki School, India.
- Holds Certificate of Achievement in One Week Yoga Nidra Course and 200 Hours Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course from Sri Yoga Ashram.
- Undergoing Diploma Program from Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy in Clinical Aromatherapy.
- Member of International Yoga Federation.
- Founder Director of Soham Yoga in Mona Vale, Sydney, Australia.
I met Nivedita soon after I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer, and I knew that she had successfully worked with cancer patients before. Sessions with Nivedita made me feel calm and stress-free. I truly overcame my fears regarding my chemotherapy sessions, and I was able to accept things as they came my way. I am so happy I found Nivedita, and I don’t think it would have been this smooth without her. - Priya Menon
My daughter she struggled badly with bouts of anxiety and as much as I tried, I was unable to help her. Nivedita taught my daughter techniques to overcome her fears and have better control over her emotions. Now, she is much happier. - Ilona S.
Each visit to Dr. Ramanujam makes me a richer person with better insights into life. One Dr. Ramanujam in life is worth several well-meaning and wise friends! Dr. Ramanujam has a natural instinct and aptitude for her job, and that, combined with her compassionate and wise way of thinking, makes her a really amazing therapist! - A.K.
Nivedita helped me immensely with short-term anxiety, using a mixture of Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. She regularly helps me dig down and pinpoint a particular emotion or motivation. Working with Nivedita continues to be immensely beneficial for my emotional life. - Z.M.
At the end of every session, I felt physically rejuvenated and at the same time, psychologically more balanced, calm, and happier, even though going through some of these sessions wasn’t easy at all. Nivedita is not only a great therapist but a very special human being – kind, compassionate, and I always felt very safe and in good hands. - Caroline Halbroth
If you have any enquiries about our services or would like to book a session with another practitioner, please complete the form below. If you wish to book into a session with Nivedita, please click on the buttons above to schedule an initial consultation or a follow up session. Thank you.