Nivedita is an Australian-certified psychotherapist, UK-trained hypnotherapist, mindfulness and meditation facilitator and registered clinical supervisor. She consults with clients in person, as well as virtually globally and treats both adults and adolescents of international cultures. She has worked with premium medical clinics such as OT&P MindWorx. Currently she is a a consultant psychotherapist with The London Medical Clinic. She is also founder of Inner Compass Psychotherapy which is her own private practice.
She is trained in Western Clinical Psychotherapies that are scientific and evidence-based such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamics and Hypnosis.
In addition, she is qualified in the Eastern Contemplative Psychotherapies which include mindfulness, meditation, yogic breathing practices, and Buddhist psychology.
She specialises in treating trauma, anxiety, insomnia and depression arising from painful life events such as abuse, betrayal, relationship breakups, critical illnesses and loss.
In addition, she treats individuals with issues such as relationship conflicts, OCD, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, grief, flashbacks and confidence issues.
She is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, and regularly conducts clinical supervision for other mental health providers and trainees. She actively conducts training seminars and workshops with multinational corporates.
Academic and Professional Credentials:
- Doctoral Candidate (Clinical Psychology)
- Ms. Soc. CBT (Australia)
- EMDR (India)
- Mindfulness Meditation (USA)
- Clinical Hypnosis D.C.H. (UK)
- Psychodynamics, (Singapore)
- Registered Clinical Supervisor, APCPA, Hong Kong
- Associate Fellow, Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Australian Counselling Association
- Member, British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Member, Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors, Singapore
- Member, EMDR Association India
- Fellow, Golden Key Circle, Australia
Shona has been in Hong Kong for 32 years. She trained as a person-centered counsellor with Monash University, after completing a BSc psychology with Open University UK in 2013. She has worked with Mindwise Psychology HK since qualifying. Prior to counselling training Shona taught English as a foreign language (British Council, Shue Yan College, MOHG) and then coached corporate clients in communication skills (PWC, Morgan Stanley, Reuters).
Shona provides therapy in person and virtually for couples, adults and young people. She utilizes evidence-based assessments and therapies including Mindfulness, CBT, ACT, problem solving, Schema Therapy, and DBT.
Shona specializes in relationship problems, bereavement, illness and chronic pain, depression, stress and anxiety and PTSD. She also works with parenting issues, helping with parent workshops and counselling with Highgate House (Steiner) school.
In her spare time Shona enjoys hiking and practices yoga and meditation. She breeds springer spaniels, loves to bake, and travels to go diving and deep-sea fishing when she can. She also enjoys spending time at her rural home in Scotland where she is from, and where her children live.
Academic and Professional Credentials:
- MSc Counselling (Monash, Australia)
- BSc Psychology (UK)
- BA English/Linguistics (LON, UK)
- TEFL Prep certificate
- Schema Therapy Level 1 (Australia)
- Emotion Focus Therapy foundation course
- Member of British Psychological Society
- Member of the HK Psychotherapy Society
- Member of HK professional Counselling Association (pending)
Gladys Hui is a Psychology graduate and aspiring Clinical Psychologist currently based in London. She has experience of working with a variety of people in roles such as Senior Healthcare Assistant at an addiction service, Crisis Hotline Volunteer and Research Assistant at a children’s hospital. As a Senior Healthcare Assistant at an addiction recovery service that specialises in drug, alcohol, sex and love addiction, she often works with patients struggling with depression and anxiety. In supporting them, her responsibilities include conducting group mindfulness sessions, life skills workshops, encouraging coping strategies and emotional regulation techniques to help patients improve their self-awareness and resilience, as well as manage their symptoms of addiction.
She will soon start her training to become a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, specialising in delivering low-intensity CBT to patients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression at the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
- BSc Psychology (UK)
- PG Cert Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interventions Candidate (UK)
- Member, British Psychological Society
Lyn Savage is a yoga practitioner, facilitator, and teacher who is also trained in Ayurveda, Reiki Healing, Kundalini Yoga, and Massage Therapies. After pursuing a career in luxury events and brand communication, Lyn decided to take some time off to travel the holy nooks and corners of India in search of a more holistic approach towards living a conscious life.
Her journey proved fruitful as she found what she was looking for on the path of yoga. And since then, it’s her aspiration to spread these ancient tools and technologies of physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing in the world by sharing her deep knowledge and understanding on the subject.
Lyn’s approach is to guide her students towards realizing the true potential of their body and spirit to rejuvenate and revive itself with the help of breathwork and movement. The focus is to help them achieve a certain level of balance and inner harmony within themselves by offering the right kind of guidance and adaptive support as per their individual needs and strengths.
She understands that no two people are the same, so her dynamic approach is to mix therapeutic movements, yoga postures, emotional support, and breathwork together in the right proportions to offer the most fitting solution.
Lyn collaborates with Nivedita Ramanujam to provide Inner Compass Psychotherapy’s clients trauma sensitive yoga therapy.
- Certified in Balinese Massage Therapy from Jamu Spa School, Bali, Indonesia.
- Certified in DDS Bio Electric Massage Therapy from Hua Lin DDS Training Centre, China.
- Diploma in 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training (Affiliated to Yoga Alliance USA) from Association for Yoga and Meditation (Rishikesh, India).
- Trained in Ayurveda Therapy and Panchakarma Techniques (35 hours course) from A.Y.M. Ayurveda Spa and Panchakarma Centre.
- Trained in Level 1 Sound Healing Training from Healing Meditation Centre, Rishikesh.
- And Level 1 and Level 2 Reiki Healing from Healing Hands Reiki School, India.
- Holds Certificate of Achievement in One Week Yoga Nidra Course and 200 Hours Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course from Sri Yoga Ashram.
- Undergoing Diploma Program from Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy in Clinical Aromatherapy.
- Member of International Yoga Federation.
- Founder Director of Soham Yoga in Mona Vale, Sydney, Australia.
I met Nivedita soon after I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I wanted to try alternative healing in conjunction with the usual treatments for cancer, and I knew that Nivedita has successfully worked with cancer patients before. Nivedita […]
Dr. Clifford Loo
Miss Nivedita has applied successfully PNI Therapy in numerous patients combating cancer, chronic pain and autoimmune disease. In particular, she has developed a Cancer Prehabilitation and Rehabilitation program and is ready to work with any clinician as partners for the […]
I would like to recommend Nivedita’s services, to any parent that is looking, to their teenage child with anxiety. When my daughter started Secondary School she struggled badly with anxiety, as much as I’ve tried, I found myself unable to […]
I started seeing Nivedita due to some unusual and unexpected work-related anxiety. Nivedita ed me immensely to deal with the short term anxiety, using a mixture of mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy. She also helped me visualise stressful meetings in […]
My association with Dr. Nivedita Rawal Raj began almost three years ago. She has contributed significantly to my emotional, mental and financial health. Our initial sessions were about my inability to get along with my various bosses. She helped me to identify that […]
Michael R. LaValle, Ph.D.
I am a Licensed Psychologist/Health Service Provider in private practice in Dallas, Texas. I am a member of the faculty for the Certificate Program offered by the Institute of Meditation and Psychotherapy. This is a nine-month distance learning intensive in […]